PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Training in Canberra...going...going...gone!
Old 17th Mar 2010, 01:22
Fodwomple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The original reason I went GA rather than RA is simply because Canberra is controlled airspace and there is no RA within an hour of here. GA also allows me to move me, the wife and the kids .... or a couple of mates.I'm not sure I want to travel an hour to get to the plane I want to fly. I don't mind doing it to get the license, but afterwards I'm not sure. I've heard too many stories of people having a plane housed an hour away and never using it. Especially when, other than my desire to fly, I wanted to use this as a means to cut down on some of the long car journeys we do to visit family. With the obvious push to kill off GA at YSCB I'm having to re-think that goal though.There's also more effect than just the loss of the flying school. I know of a person here who used to hire Brindabella aircraft (and a pilot) as part of his aerial photography business. He is now scratching his head trying to work out where he hires from now. There's just about nothing left here!* Hmm, why is my post all squashed up when it's nicely space in the editor.