PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varsity Express
Thread: Varsity Express
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2010, 21:45
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Aisle expresses concern for the airports in post 140.

I think the Oxford Airport staff knew MH was behind VE, so I have no sympathy whatsoever for them, though I'll bet they didn't lose much money, if any. All their day-to-day dealings would have been with Links Air, but I think they succumbed to a naive desire to see their own growth plan succeed. Even today one of them is quoted in a story on the BBC web site saying almost every seat was full the first week and 500 additional tickets had been sold. I wonder if they had convincing proof of this, or just MH's sterling word? Even now they are hoping these numbers convince another airline to takeover the Oxford to Edinburgh route.

As Potential has written previously, a simple credit check on Varsity Air Services revealed the sole Director was MH. An elaborate new set of CAA rules is no substitute for such common sense.

To Primitive Person - The Jetstream 31 has 19 seats. Regulations would most likely require an ATOL if he were using a 20 seat or larger aircraft. He would never have passed the sniff test to get an ATOL, so the aircraft choice could be seen as circumstantial evidence that he knew he had much to hide. Applying for an ATOL would have flushed out the fictitiousness of Will Gilligan and perhaps would even have flushed out the other person involved as being banned from holding a company Director position in the UK.

To DavidJohnson6 - The whole media campaign for his first airline attempt was based on self promoting his personality and Bransonesqueness. It is ludicrous to request that the very thing he used to con people be left out of the discussion. From his very recent statements to the press that he did nothing wrong in creating the Will Gilligan persona, it is painfully obvious that he has not learnt is lesson!

Last edited by Adios; 16th Mar 2010 at 22:04. Reason: Spelling error