PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY INV-LTN diverted to EDI
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2002, 23:18
ajamieson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the heads-up!
It says in my profile that I'm a journalist, and I said in my post that I'd received information from the press office - which only takes calls from journalists. It's not exactly a secret, Raw Data.

This is a fairly run of the mill incident and I don't think it is worthy of much coverage. But I have a responsibility to ensure that whatever appears in print, no matter how small, is accurate and fair. Journalists cannot trawl PPRuNE for "tidbits" because the information is anonymous and unconfirmed (and hence all but useless), but is it good for putting things in perspective. In this instance, the EasyJet press office provided all the necessary information, but remember most press officers have no more expertise in aviation than your average punter.

BTW which EDI news organisation do you work for?
I can't win with this one. If I don't tell you, you'll accuse me of cowardice. As it happens, I work for The Scotsman. Raw Data which organisation do you work for?

Kiltie is absolutely correct when he says people are in fact put off PPRuNE by nastiness and thoughtless insults which are totally unnecessary.

In a sensible and mature environment, a journalist would be applauded for making the extra effort to improve accuracy and the understanding of issues by seeking advice from as many sources as possible. Meanwhile, on Planet PPRuNE...