PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT No longer???
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2001, 21:34
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Harvey, was a pleasure to teach you.

I had written a long reply to all those involved who seem to peronally attack me as "representing" SFT (in the post incidentally commenting on how I had enjoyed teaching the ex-PPSC students even if they were a little boisterous!) before my computer lost it, but now it hardly seems worth it.

WWW thanks for your support too. I agree that SFT behaved honorably, and also that we should not be fractious. SFT staff, students, directors and administrators are pulling together to pull what we can out of this. Can't we all pull together, maybe to put pressure on the government to assist the flying training industry they seem to have done their best to destroy with the misbegotten JAA and short-sighted removal of NVQ tax relief?

I'll just say to David that I did not say the students we took on from PPSC were ill-prepared, and in fact in my mock (and hopefully the exam this week) they did as well as the students who only studied at SFT. I was defending SFT's reputation as an FTO (we had developed a fine reputation as well especially in groundschool, against the tide of earlier problems) and aserting that students did not go elsewhere due to deficiencies in SFT.

Robione, most students (under JAA, the relevant time for judging recnt quality of schools) at SFT never studied anywhere else. Hence your assertion was untrue. Your rant covers a 6-month period over two years ago, so you cannot defend your assertion.

Sensible, assuming you are neither an administrator for nor director of SFT I will believe their assesment that SFT was profitable rather than yours that it was not. I read your assertion, so no need to repeat it.

You have a rather touching faith in banks. They do pull the plug on profitable businesses (I mentioned one that actually survived the plug pulling if you read, and is now doing rather well. The owner is a close friend of mine), and fail to reign in unprofitable ones. It is their in the sorry news. You spend in the US if you like, but at the time I trained the only approved school wanted more money than SFT did.

P.S. I am unavoidably away for the weekend so probably cannot reply until Monday or Tuesday, so perhaps Metsys will get his wish that I "shut up" without having to take the ridiculously excessive step of simply not reading my posts

[ 09 November 2001: Message edited by: Send Clowns ]