PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brize Norton-the wrong airfield?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2010, 16:06
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought all that night tactical stuff was supposed to be done at Keevil and that was why it was to be kept!
Indeed and that is where we do a big chunk of it. It is however nice/sensible to have the option of being able to do it at one's home base if Keevil/TacATC/Fire are unavailable. I believe the locals of Keevilshire are as unappreciative of endless night flying as are the cosseted locals of Brize. I suspect if we stick all night trg into Keevil the natives may get restless.

It is worth noting that night "tactical" stuff makes up the vast majority of what we do in trg and ops. Mildly hilarious that we will be unable to conduct trg for it at our future home base....

I have no particular affection for Lyneham and frankly would be hard pushed to give less of toss where we are based. What I do object to however is a half-arsed plan to shoehorn us into an already crowded airfield and the assumption by the "planners" that the massive holes in said plan will be papered over by us lot "making do".
Who knows - perhaps it will be seamlessly awesome and we'll all wonder why we didn't do sooner.....