PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2010, 00:28
LessThanSte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kritzeen: The numeracy questions on the ATC motivation paper are broadly the same as those in the numeracy paper itself, though if anything slightly easier. Its things like 'if your travelling at x knots, how long will it take to travel y nautical miles'. If you can do speed/distance/time calcs you will be fine.

The numeracy paper then adds in a few more questions, requiring you to divide, multiply, add and the likes, fractions were briefly on there if i remember correctly. Personally, i found the atc motivation and numeracy tests very easy and would be surprised if i got more than 1 or 2 questions wrong.

Dankla: Find the example questions on the NATS website, they are exactly like that, only with trickier cube nets and more 'functions' in the diagramming test. You have 20 minutes to do (i think) 40 questions, about 10-15 per net. Each question has 4 cubes, though sometimes none of the cubes will fit. The first net isnt too difficult, the later ones though get quite tricky!

You could probably practice by drawing some cube nets on paper, with a pattern on each face. Dont do the standard cross shaped net, thats easy, but try some of the others on here;

http://www.pleasanton.k12.ca.us/plea...etAnswers1.JPG

then once you have a net drawn out, on another piece of paper draw, as quickly as possible all the various face arrangements (there should be 24 in total). Afterwards, cut out the net, stick it together and check that what youve drawn are correct.

Your biggest problem in both tests though is time but NATS keep saying that number of answers is not that important, but ACCURACY of answers is!