PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS to launch LHR-ACC
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2010, 22:10
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the post above just exemplifies the immature and infantile attitude of some users of this forum. Some of the others are none too thoughtful either.

If I upset anyone's delicate sensitivities with my plaintive frustration then I apologise, and yes, it could have been looked up too, but why should that be necessary? (perhaps someone had better look up "apoplectic" too, cos it was neither apparent nor present in my post).

fyi this is "surely not" something that most pilots would know as IATA codes are mainly a baggage and ticketing abbreviation that can include rail and bus destinations - and are not in wide spread use in any piloting function that I've ever come across. That's why it's use on a pilot's forum appears smug, and more particularly so in such a throwaway manner re somewhere as far off the beaten track as Accra. Assuming that just because you know IATA codes for every third world backwater destination (or for every airline in the world for that matter) then everyone else must do too is smug.

Sniping at user's handles is really plumbing the depths. Get a life.

Last edited by Agaricus bisporus; 14th Mar 2010 at 22:39.