PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety - When should PAX alert crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2010, 17:37
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toolman1.....Always,always tell the CC if you are worried

I would second what JSL and Airbornesoon have said in every respect.

I am an EZY SCCM and fly on the 319 almost daily. The very first time I heard that noise as a newbie doing the safety demo on pushback (am assuming that's when you heard it as well) it sounded awful ! Que frantic call to the front and then explanation re the hydraulic system. Most of which went over my head I have to say. Suffice it to say we know this noise is normal.

That said you don't and you may have heard something significant so please keep pressing that button. We are not supposed to get up on taxi but can for a safety related duty.....your call may be safety related. On some airlines you will hear the CC seats for take off call...we would not answer then so if you hear/see something sooner rather than later is the time to tell us.

Scumbag you made reference to Kegworth. As a result of this a lot more emphasis has been put on communication on board and many procedures have been changed. One of our most valuable forms of comms comes from the SLF who can sometimes see things before we do or the warning systems pick it up.

Please don't wait for something to fall off the plane before flagging it up. If in doubt tell us