PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2010, 17:18
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC;
Far more important is to identify what went wrong at cruise altitude, examine the software interactions involved and correct any deficiencies. If/when more bits/recorders are located we move on to the detail of the impact. This really should be the thrust of this thread - in my opinion.
The trend of the discussion is frustrating but so is the absence of information. There is nothing to go on except the wreckage, the ACARS series, the two BEA Interim Reports and the thirteen other similar events which occurred to the A330.

More to the point, I think it is important for understanding the airplane that system and handling questions be elaborated upon but not with the intent of "solving" causes. So much has been written about this accident out of just plain ignorance of the airplane and how airlines work and how accident investigation works that, for those with the patience anyway, it is important to remain in the dialogue. Understanding this airplane is important if we are to triage the many possible causal pathways to what happened at 02:10Z and the ensuring six minutes or so, the only important point since last June.

I happen to think, (and have said why, above) that the BEA Interim Reports have something to say regarding how the aircraft struck the water and that may narrow the antecedents so perhaps the debate is in this sense, worthwhile and sometimes the devil does indeed lie in the minutae, among the angels...