PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay To Fly threads (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2010, 14:37
tigermagicjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I don't believe they think that they always will be kept on with this airline that they do the line training with, that is just an added bonus.
However you get the analogy, if they don't do, then someone else will.

Regardless of the moral dilemma, you will still be 500 hours closer to the RHS, then a pilot who does not even have a TR, or only has SEP.
So obviously, in these bad times, you have increased your chances to get a job.

If they do not have the money, well tough luck on them, if they lend up until their ears - if they are that dumb, they should not even be in the cockpit, due to their personal emotional condition, intelligence and the stress such huge amount of debt would put on a normal human being, if he is unable to handle it.

There also lies the nature of the beast, these "people" will if the do not get a job afterwards, and if they have spent more than they can afford, they will suffer the consquence of this. You can't blame the idea, you must blame the idiots who can't afford to do this, but still do it!

Eventually the worst ones will never recover, and this will mean one less to compete with, unfortunately that is called capitalism, for someone to win, someone has to loose!
I have said before, the ones who cry of all the debts they have put themselves in to get into this business, I do not have on inch of sympathy for, I do not feel sorry for them, I would rather say good riddance! If you do not have the capability to make the research, and progress into training with a plan of how you will finance your training in an affordable way, well you have then played roulette with your life, with maybe your families life, you get what you deserve!

Lack of planning is probably the biggest mistake before training starts, sometimes it might taking one or two steps backwards, to be able to take the step forward. However many get blinded by cheap sales pitches, and flashy video shows and big shiny jet cockpit!
Fact is, that will most no likely be you until another 5 to 10 years have passed, do you have the stomach to battle it out until you get where you want?
For every newbie pilot with huge amounts of debts, embarks on the line training, finsihes without a job. If he does not get a job within certain amount of time, his TR will expire, he will still have the hours on line though. But if he can not manage to handle his debts, well he will be another casuality to debts, and more then likely will not be current on type after some time.
This is his risk, and if he looses, well good riddance, his aviation adventure might be over for a very long time.

You must expect every person to have some reasonable intelligence, that they do have responsability for their own life, some will win, many will loose!
Regardless not a tear is shed from me, when students complain over their huge amounts of debts after training, and there is no work, you should have known the before hand, and made contigencies for that situation. Same goes for Line training and TR, get over it.

Would I pay if I had a firm job offer with, you bet I would! But without, no way. Still personally I have other plans and directions I want to explore.

If you have the cash, sure why not, if it makes you happy. None here will sacrifice themselves for someone else to get a job, it will always be Number One first, you get a job - means I dont get a job, does not need to be fair, its just the luck of the draw for some + hard work. Right place at the right time.

Word of advice though, the pain of the debts afterwards, will far outweigh the pleasure of those 500 hours line training. So if you do go that way, without having enough money available, enjoy it while you can, because afterwards your life will be hell, and you do not deserve any sympathy, you laid your bed yourself!