PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2010, 13:47
whitelighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are no 'wong' answers...

in fact there arent any 'wrong' personalities. There are just indicators that certain types of individual are not suitable for the job or training. Lets face it, you are who you are and even if you can fudge your base reactions for the test, you are likely to come unstuck later down the line.

It may not be perfect, but NATS have tested tens of thousands of applicants and have a decent set of data that corrolates the information gained at S1,2 and 3 plus those that have been put through to courses togther with later additions to the process such as the personality test after (rather than during) S1.

In my opinion (and it is only that but I have been through the process) one of the worst things you will do is try and second guess what NATS are looking for at any stage of the process. No-one knows the metrics NATS use, but I suspect that with the PQ they are looking for consistancy as much as the 'right' type of person. If you answer against your instinct on question 1, will you remember how you deviated when the same question is asked in a different format around question 30? Be yourself, answer honestly and the consistancy will be there. Try to fudge it and I suspect, although maybe completely wrong, that you are more likely to become unstuck.

There is a ton of info on this thread, some of it useful, some incorrect, and some out of date. Its worth remembering what is stated at the bottom of every single page on this forum:

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions

Best of luck with your application, I hope it goes the way you want it too. There is no point questioning if NATS have the right process for deciding on candidates. Flawed or not, its their process and you just need to work with it, not fight against it because you arent going to change a thing.