PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential SAS shutdown?!
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2010, 09:58
Guttn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don`t think that management are in any position to promise happy skies in the near future. I think they`re happy with just barely keeping their heads above water, and have to start swimming to shallower waters. Redundancies are coming up once again, mostly admin positions from what I understand, though still some crew will have to leave. Albeit some of these will transfer to WF if/when the whole Westlink deal is agreed upon by all, but still some will be furloughed.
JAR regs are gone, TD. EASA is now the new sheriff in town, and a liberal one it seems. Don`t know how the FDPs translate to longhaul, but rule of thumb is that you are required to rest at least the same amount of time that you have been active. BTW, transport to/from the hotel does not count as duty. And I think the max duty time is 13 hours - but there are several reductions that need to be taken into account (landings, time of day etc). If you`re really interested, there is a website all about this called deadtired.eu
13th, when you were doing your initial training, probably with no income, did you pay tax? Does a P2F person who pays for 500 hours linetrainin actually need to pay tax? He/she is, by definition, training and not working. The race to the bottom continues