PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay To Fly threads (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2010, 22:35
tigermagicjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First "Superpilot" - I think the issue is a bit more complicated then you seem to dream of. Also most of the airlines are non UK based as far as I know, so UK and even EU law would not even apply.

Your belief that being Type Rated makes you qualified is a bit utopic, yes you have proven you are can hand the beast, but your experience level on the machine is equal a little BLIP in time.

But if you think about it, at least for the Boeing, what is the price for the TR alone?
For £25000 or £29000 you get 300 or 500 hours included with your TR!
Viewed from a financial point, that is not a bad deal, to be honest I am not sure how accurate these offers really are. You are actually paying £60 - £85 per hour, and you are getting an experience which 100 times more usefull then flying around in a PA 28 or C152!

Now I instead of choosing to spend £80.000 to go to Oxford, but go modular - I can for less then Oxford price, get full package + 500 hours on a 737, incl type.
So if someone chooses a different path for a career then Oxford, maybe in the end same money going out, but you will actually have gained a major advantage, and skipped the que by a few thousands of pilots currently today instructing or freshly out with CPL/IR.

I am playing devils advocat here, if someone has the funds, and have the will to want to take it that far, does that mean he is a bad pilot? Who is not qualified?
Doubt so, furthermore being illegal, how? It is up to each indivudal to accept private agreements and contracts.
I am not defending these kind of operations, its just the way it is now for few.