PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A glimmer of hope maybe
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2010, 15:24
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well as many pilots up sticks and leave for the sandpit and to other parts of the world, that should surely free up some positions for wannabes at some point be it winter this year or next. Seeing as WWW has been so honest I will be honest too and say that back in late 2007 I regularly had arguments with WWW and called him a doom-monger and various other names but I have to concede he was right. Hats off to him in fact as he called it pretty well. There's a reason I havent posted on this board since the collapse of Lehman's and its not purely because I've had my head stuck in the ATPL books or because I've been stressing over my IR.

I've just finished my MCC and had a pretty immaculate training record yet the prospects of a job out there are dismal. Hoping to keep my hand in as a pilots assistant on a Citation Mustang and flying a piper cub (hardly ideal for keeping the IR skills up but better than nothing). But I will stick in there because sooner or later it will turn (it always does). But I just thought I would apologise to WWW give him his dues because I've seen that he calls it as he sees it rather than the opinion I had of him that he was doing it to wind up wannabes like me!

Last edited by RexBanner; 13th Mar 2010 at 15:37.