PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT No longer???
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2001, 04:04
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Send Clowns, mate, you really take the p!ss ... you say you've been redundant since last Wednesday, your company's gone bust, they've got you agreeing to work for nothing, and you still come on here and spend your evening shamelessly spamming the PPRuNe punters to come and rescue your sinking ship!

Much like yourself, I'm an experienced flying instructor that's been made redundant in the last few days, my employer is also making some pretty severe down sizing as the result of the collapse in CPL training post September.

No matter how desperate you and your company's need is however, I reckon it's bloody irresponsible of any instructors to go urging people to commit their life savings to flight training at the moment. Any sane person can see that this industry is still standing on the edge of the abyss ... yeah it *might* recover in 15 months but it only needs one little push (like, say, another hijack episode) for it to go into a state of total collapse from which it might take many years to recover.

And as for you saying 'notice very few pilots have been laid off' ... apart from ourselves you mean? Do you think people are blind? I do appear to have noticed several hundred more of the poor sods over on R&N ... do the words 'Virgin' 'BMI' or 'Gill' mean anything to you? Plus the several hundred self improvers and people from cancelled sponsorships that will be hitting the dole queue in the next few months? Plus the couple of years worth of FI's that will have been logging the hours and waiting for things to turn round all that time? Have you read a single thing WWW has posted these last few weeks?

The forum moderators are advising people to sit on their hands and NOT commit any big sums of money to training for the next few months, until the medium term job prospects become clearer. I fully support them in giving that advice, even though it's cost me my own livelihood at the moment.