PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Genie - any experiences
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2010, 08:56
Hartington

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you mean literally the same flights (same flight numbers, same date, same class and same facilities) or do you mean they can both get you between the same cities on the same dates for different prices? If it's the first I'm a bit sceptical. If it's the 2nd and you can deal with whatever routing and airline(s) they throw at you, go for it.

Here's my thinking. These days, Air Canada has a slightly interesting and unusual pricing model. Like many other North American airlines they charge for certain things that other airlines include in the fare but the way they do it is a bit more up front. I think it's unlikely but not impossible that the Air Canada fare you're looking at includes all the goodies and the consolidator fare excludes them all.

I'm guessing that the more likely scenario is that the consolidator isn't offering Air Canada. In which case, as I say, if you can deal with the alternative routing and airlines fine. Juest remember that if the consolidator routing goes via the USA you have to enter the USA (customs and immigration) then drop your bags off for the next flight, possibly change terminals, go back through security and finally board so make sure you have plenty of time.

If they really are offering identical Air Canada flights and services it's not impossible but the discount does sound a bit too good to be true.