PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Profit Results
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2010, 07:19
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FF

Broadly agree with everything you say. Certainly I want improvements to our circumstances and as I said in my first post on this thread, CX has done many things in the past that I totally disagree with/upset me. For me however SLS payback is a standalone issue and on that basis I think that overall they have done the right thing. That is not to say that I agree with their handling of 13th month, profit share or various other issues.

As stated in my previous post, I do feel the 10% witholding was petty, But as a hypothetical question, if the witholding threshold had been for level E only do you believe there would still be this outcry at how all the managers had been unfaily treated?

For me the simple fact is that in the worst reccesion since the great depression to be given 4 weeks additional leave at a cost of less that 3 days pay seems a reasonable deal. I guess many on this forum would not agree with that. However, I would be interested to know how those same indiviuals would answer the following question:-

If a new COS came out tomorrow offering an additional 4 weeks leave every year for less than a .85% pay cut would you take it?

IFB