PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Path - Advice
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 21:34
Kaedyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular Path - Advice

Hi guys.

I'm new to this forum, so just wanted to say HELLO. I've been reading thread after thread here and its been extreamly helpful.

The reason I'm here is basically because I have decided to pack up my boring banking job to do something I should have done a long time ago. You have probably heard all that 'I've wanted to become a pilot since I was two' stuff before so I'll spare you that.

I have decided to go the modular route to get my ATPL (that the final goal), the reason behind this route instead on the integrated is that im 27 and I cant ask my parent for the cash because I just find it wrong at my age and I want them to retire also getting a loan and being in debt £70k ummmm no thank you. The other reason is I want to take in steps to see that I can actually do it, if I can't I know I tried and also I have not thrown money away.

Anyway my question, its basic and probably asked a few times (but i can't find it in the search function), to become an Airline Pilot what are the actual modules one needs to do. So far I have:
  • PPL
  • Flight Experience course (extra hours)
  • ATPL Theoritical
  • Multi Engine
  • Instrument reading
  • CPL
  • MMC
Anything i'm missing out?

Also would be useful where you guys did each of your modules. Basically to see the type of experience people gained eg: all in the UK or some in UK and some in the US. What where you thoughts on this method cost wise and experience wise.

Thanks guys