PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 12th Mar 2010, 20:24
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not even sure what a vertical twin jet driver actually is???

No, I'm now an independent consultant and I fly with whomever is paying my fees is willing to put me on. That is usually the lowest C fare on long-haul routes and recently this has usually been BA.

I used to BA Gold before I left my previous full-time job, but have slipped to silver. Business is quite tough at the moment (in all senses of the word) but I still manage to get a couple of long-haul trips each year.

While still working I found myself disappointed time and again with poor service recovery. The catering strike is just one example, but I've got a few other examples of how/where BA have let me down. I won't bore you with them.

While employed I stuck with BA because I wanted to retain my status. Now that I'm self employed I've come to realise that such status was mostly illusionary - you have to get all those tier points each and every year to stay current - and the fact that you get 4000 one year and only 400 the next doesn't give you a 2200 average - BA seems less interested in your custom in your off-years.

Twice I found it impossible to use my 'gold upgrade for two' (without paying an unreasonable base fare) and my request to extend the validity was turned down the first time, and extend only for six months the second. As you know it takes a significant amount of tier points to get one of these.

I too travel fairly frequently via LHR to IAD and I agree that on-board service is poor. But as someone commented earlier why should the destination affect the quality of service?

I don't expect I'll be travelling BA for some time to come.