PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight centre
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 17:21
AIRWAY

PPRuNe Co-Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I did part of my PPL training with SFC around 2004/2005, then due to personal issues had to stop. I had a great instructor whom I believe has retired and is now working for the CAA. He was very good, sometimes tough, but very professional, always providing feedback and testing ones knowledge and preparation for the flight, and he was also approachable when one wanted an explanation.

Learning from Stapleford Airfield was a great experience, having a choice of grass/asphalt runway and the gradients too.

With regards to reception I concur with some opinions already expressed above, not a good experience, but then again I was there to fly, so my contact with reception was minimal.

Can’t comment about an opinion on Colin, since I never spoke to him, the fleet is generally old but well maintained and never had any problems.

Overall I had a great time with SFC, I am planning to resume my flying once again and will be looking at SFC, 5 years passed since I last flew so I am sure the place is different and with new faces, etc… (if anyone can recommend a good PPL instructor please PM me).