PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Flight Grading
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 16:04
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advanced Flight Grading

For the record, this is what happens to those doing Advanced Flight Grading. I haven't done it myself, the information comes from research. Have a look and take the usual pinch of salt with it. Tasks are:

1. Aptitude Tests
You are required to do two tests: one for eye-hand coordination, and one for pattern/sequence recognition. I heard these tests are even more basic than the ones in the Initial Test (only people who do Stage 1 in HKG do the Initial Test).

2. Grob115 Sorties
You have three sorties. You will basically need to do all flight maneuvers that would give you a pass in the Australian GFPT. They will ask you to do these maneuvers without demonstrating first, with the exception of wing-overs. If they are not satisfied with something, they will tell you and you are required to correct the "mistake" and keep "corrected" through the remainder of grading.

These maneuvers are:
Basic Aircraft Control (straight and level, climbs, descents, all types of turns)
Stalls
Steep-turns
Wing-overs
Practice Forced Landing/Emergency Landing
Precautionary Search and Landing
Full circuits

3. Beechcraft Super King Air B200 Flight Simulator
You do three simulator sessions in the B200 flight simulator, basically they will teach you some basic IF and you will be expected to "fly" the simulator competently.

The IF you will be asked to do are as follows:
Instrument Basic Aircraft Control
Stalls
Steep-turns
VOR, NDB intercepting and tracking
RMI point-to-point navigation
ILS approach (straight-in)

Typically advanced grading takes about 1 week to complete. Please feel free to correct any mistakes I might have made, or make updates to outdated information. Otherwise, good luck!