PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF BRIDGNORTH-Mystery Base!
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 15:09
Pull what

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's nonsense to suggest that there was anything mysterious about RAF Bridgnorth. There was no airfield there. It was always a training station. There just might have been a few unserviceable airframes there for instructional purposes but that's all.A Google search [ which I haven't bothered to do ] will,surely, give details.
Sorry, are you trying to participate in this thread or just shew us a side of your character you are not obviously aware of?

It is said that Hitler was intending to use it as his flying base after capturing England.

It is said that the RAF brought damaged aircraft in,(one presumes by road) from Spitfires to Lancasters, and parked then around the base to make it look like an active airfield.
Both of the above quotes are from Google sources, one, as we can see from one of the posts above seems to be have some truth about it.

However Google isnt the best source of information for many things, books and peoples memories are-that's why I posted on here.

The locals still know the site as Bridgnorth Airfield which may lend to the story or not, that is what I am trying to find out?

Yes, they may well have been instructional airframes but until someone says that with some authority, rather than speculation, we won't know, will we?

As Bridgnorth was a training station most personel would have only spent a short time there, so no one person is going to probably come up with a definitive answer.

PS -FORGET-Thank you very much for that information and picture.

Last edited by Pull what; 12th Mar 2010 at 15:30.