PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question regarding hour building.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2002, 12:52
onehunga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I burnt 100 hours out in Florida late last year over the space of a month. I didn't seem to find trouble at all getting the hours into each day although some days I did fly quite a bit. Generally my day started at 8am at the school taking off between 9-10am after planning etc. Did touch and go's, full stops along the way and ended up somewhere for lunch. Usually an hour or so off for a bite to eat then back to base by about 6pm. Generally my hour building was quite casual compared to some. There were brit military guys out there converting from rotary that were really going for it.

A few other thoughts spring to mind though.

Remember to take into a/c when the 50 hour check will occur (and any other scheduled maintenance for that matter) especially if you plan on taking the aircraft away from home base for an extended period of time.

Also there have been a load of previous posts on making use of your hour building time and not just burning holes in the sky. I would strongly agree with these sentiments. It gets a drag after a while but do put in the effort to do proper planning (including weather breifs) and try not to use the GPS as your sole navigational source. I suggest you do a search on the earlier threads for more tips. If you havent done your 150nm cross country which I think is needed for the CPL then make sure you tick this off during one of your flights as well. Also grab some night hours as well.

Hope this helps. Drop me an email if you want more.