PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Refund Update
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 13:19
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Above the law.

Groundbum you won't find EZY's T&C's stateting they are above the law because they are not.... despite the company interpretation of the law

Playing devil's advocate here I wonder why ulxima got an albeit partial refund for weather disruption yet you seem to have got nothing? You should at least be treated the same for the same disruption claim.

Just a little bit of a heads up here. EZY cancelled loads of flights due to "weather". That is the official line and will be logged on every cancellation report I'm sure. These will be referred to if your case ever gets in front of a Judge. Our flag carrier at LHR also seems to have the same problems whenever we have snow,fog etc and we are both on a par with our appalling numbers of cancellations due to "weather".

So why do EZY/BA not fly routes in bad weather that other airlines seem to manage to do even with the delays.....the same route in your case?

I've no idea how geared the infrastructure at Manchester airport is to dealing with cold weather/snow but at LGW it is pitiful. Add to that the size of EZY's operation at LGW when it gets icy/snows we have a big problem.

Due to limited de icing facilities planes from all airlines form an orderly queue to get this done by the spray can trucks (they have "drive thru" hangars downroute in say BUD). This can be really long and when it is done we then join another queue for departure clearance from ATC.

On a good day at LGW it is not unusual at peak times to sit in this queue for 20 mins+ and that is when everything is working to capacity.....in extreme weather it is nowhere near capacity. De icing is only effective for a limited period of time....I think it's 40 mins but stand to be corrected by a Pilot on this. After 40 mins we then have to be de iced again and could go to the back of the original queue ..... Revolving doors spring to mind.

It's unsafe for us to take off when we are not effectively de iced....nobody would argue with that I'm sure so EZY can effectively blame the weather for this and wriggle out of compo claims but here is the flip side.

Delays because EZY run such a tight schedule impact on where the aircraft is for the next rotation. It also impacts on crew hours and if we go out of hours the next problem arises regardless of where the aircraft is and so on and so on....... until EZY bite the bullet and cancel that days operations. They may do it sooner rather than later.

So whose fault is this? Is it the pax so the cost of an operation too big for an airport infrastructure should be passed on to them.........

Good luck with your claim, it may indeed set a precedence or you may loose who knows.

What I do know is EZY will approach you for a settlement if they have broken the law........ stick with it