PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Packing someone else's medications OK?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 04:10
Mark in CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be very wary of taking anything in the way of drugs, prescribed or not, that I didn't know the provenance of, and which wasn't for my own use.
I understand your concern, but the person who will give these to me has been my neighbor and friend for more than 15 years, and I'm taking them to his 82 year old father, who I also know well. So I have no concern that they are anything other than what he says they are.

But Capetorian is, I believe, correct. It would seem this is more a customs matter than a security one. I'm not taking any quantity that would be considered anything other than for personal use. Just not my own personal use. But these are certainly not "over-the-counter" medications, they're prescription ones.

TSR2, I don't have any concern about that.

NRU74, statins may be available in Central Europe, but I don't know about Lipitor, specifically, as opposed to generics. I asked that of my neighbor, and he says you can't get Lipitor in Hungary. Who am I to argue?

Rwy in Sight, Lipitor is used to control blood cholesterol, which, if you know anything about Hungary and the typical diet there, is very apropos.