PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijacked MAS flight MH 653 on 4th December 1977
Old 12th Mar 2010, 01:25
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I can remember the CVR was never played or transcribed for general consumption at SEP training or any other educational purposes. This is due to the fact that it is still in a safe classified as a national secret.

The FDR findings and CVR was however played to a select few senior management officials before it was sealed as described above. Therefore anybody on this site that claims to have had access to this information is or was a very senior company representative, government official with appropriate clearances or a bull**** artist. Or one of the few that received accurate secondhand feedback.

I can however tell you with reasonable accuracy that ofter dear old Babu was killed the 737 went into a nose dive power on and went mach shortly thereafter. There was no chance of intervention from cabin crew or passengers as the FO was already dead, the killer was in the cockpit and the subsequent attitude and associated "G" forces would have made any attempt to move around impossible. I personally agree with this recollection of events because the wreckage / debris field supports a high speed near vertical attitude impact at high speed with the whole aircraft remains deposited in a very small radii from the nose section which incidentally took months to resurface from the swampy ground.

Wooblah.