PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet flexycrew
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2010, 00:41
SVoa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you people need to WAKE THE UP!!! Why would you go dish out money, and a large amount of it, money that does not even exist today, to fly an airplane that flys itself, for 6 months, and you dont even know if you will fly 0 or 100 or 200 or 300 hours in that time period?? Oh yeah yeah I forgot, someone you know told you that they know someone who knows someone whos uncles grandmothers brother knows someone who did the flexicrew and was kept after the 6 month period...

I've read it on here about a million times and I will write it once more... If people with large pockets (or small pockets and no logic) stopped entering these kinds of schemes AIRLINES WOULDNT DO IT! They are doing it because you are letting them! I come from a country that was so damn unionized up until 3 years ago, that no one dared to touch pilots! They did whatever they wanted and they got incredible salaries, all had job security, paying for a type rating was unheard of, and if you did pay for it, you werent put on a 6 month close ended contract!

Today poeple go to the airlines and say "yes well i can pay for my type rating".. what are airlines going to do say "oh no no thats fine, we'll dish out 30,000euro for you, its fine, so kind of you but thanks anyway"? Go get some instructor jobs, fly REAL airplanes, fly some TP, fly some air taxi, fly some cargo with MEP's or something! You will learn to fly on airplanes like that! It pisses me off to see 19 year olds pay some integrated flight school money, get a full license in less than 200 hours(!), then pay more money to get a type rating on an aircraft which is fully automated, and they call themselves pilots! And on top of that they piss and moan that there are no jobs out there! You will get raped from behind with these schemes! Putting yourself in debt to fly an airplane with 150+ souls on board and on top of that get paid nothing is not worth it. We all chose a profession which doesnt pay well anymore and it never will ever again, so go fly an airplane with some balls, and have some respect for yourselves! JEEZ!

Ok I got it out of my system now