PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 16:52
Dave Ed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave B,

The second question in this weeks competition.

In 1985, if you bought a Bell212 from another operator and wanted to put it on the North Sea. How many Bristow mods would it take to bring it up to "North Sea Standard" ?

If I remember rightly it was like painting the Forth Bridge trying to standardise offshore 212s. Three different autopilots for a start!

Often, 212s would be passing through Redhill for a "quick" check 2 and leaving six months later after having engine decks, lift beams, and usually the whole tailboom replaced.

These pics might bring back memories / nightmares.
This is my current project. Although it is an ex Gulf Helicopters machine, we ripped out about thirty old Bristow mods to be replaced by 30 new Bristow mods!!! The saga continues

My own worst memory was that awesome nightshift on G-BJZS when 12 avionics were trying to complete 72 items in the handover diary so the aircraft could fly the next day.
We nearly achieved it if it hadn't been for the incident where "Smokey" shorted out the battery bus panel, causing a fire in the centre console and one of the sheeties jettisoning a fire extinguisher into the pedestal
I was dreading telling JD the next morning BUT he took it well saying "I had a dream..........!!!!