PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 16:13
regle

my best friends...my log books !

A bit further with my last thread. Another very important reason for there not being many "What happened next " stories after the war must be the frailty of the human memory. Unless one kept a diary there were very few ways that people could accurately recall where they were at a certain time, let alone what they were doing.. This is where all pilots score. Your log book , which it was mandatory to keep and have regularly certified as being a true record, will instantly tell you that and , hopefully , jog the memory especially as the long forgotten names of the people that flew with you are very often there as well. Trouble is that I have six of them and it is remembering roughly which date you want that is giving me trouble plus the fact that some inks keep better than others. I must sat that whatever ink I used in my early days keeps better than the later ball point days. I think that it was Quink and certainly not Stephens.... That was another bawdy song that comes back so readily when more important things get forgotten ! Regle