PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Mar 2010, 14:01
Victor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.

Just a few questions, as I am trying to gather as much info as possible before taking the final decision to join. Have been reading like a mad man on this forum, and there are so many posts, so it would be nice if one of you guys would spend 2 min answering my questions:

Aproximately how long does the 777 type rating course take? Is there a lot of waiting time? How long from when you join until you are flying on the line?

On the same fleet - what can a F/O expect to be paid. I assume they would put me in company accommodation, so am just interested in how much the average flight pay pr month is on top of the 18000 basic salary.

And when talking company accommodation - what condition is it in? Facilities like gym/pool/internet? Or am I asking stupid questions now? :-)

Being single with a girl at home, I would be interested in knowing, if she is actually allowed to come and visit me/stay for a few days. Does she need a visa?

And one of you guys on the 777 - how many days in a row is it possible to travel home? Shall I forget about it already now, since the max days in a block really is 3?

Thanks for your useful comments