PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 13:25
prettyfly4awhiteguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard the guys finally got the pay rise at HKE/HKA

That’s great, now it is closer to what it was but still less than the 2006 package. Now they do not have travel tickets home and some other benefits they had back then. Based on this you will be earning less there in another 4 years from now.

So is there any inflation there? No Cost of living increases? You are all going backwards people.

From what my remaining mates there are saying the pay rise was welcome but a real kick in the guts. The management circulated rumors of the 15% gratuity coming back and this and that, and really strung the whole process along for more than 6 months, then just released a mediocre pay rise which is still less then 5 years ago, with less benefits.

My mate there also tells me the 2 companies need 160+ pilots for the A330, and people leaving and pilot turn over this year.

My questions are: Is the package now enough to keep you flying the 737 for the rest of your career? And how the is HKA and HKE going to employ that huge number of pilots when the middle east alone is taking probably the pick of the available wide body pilots on the market? The Middle East needs more than 800+ new pilots each year!!!

What makes HKA management think pilots will want to work there for the money offered, and the pathetic package?
No schooling.
No Housing.
No free flights home.
Basic Medical, no dental
Only 28 days holidays.
Provident fund that is 12% LESS than the middle east.
Disorganization.
Bad rostering.
Cheap overnight allowance.
Un-certain future.
Bonded for everything even if type rated.
No Minimum flight hour guarantee.
No loss of license insurance.
Poor training.
Corruption and intimidation tactic’s used.
Immature and childish management.
Conditions and allowances that are REDUCING.
And the list goes on.

160+ experienced pilots in 2010 on that package? I think not

160+ of the worst pilots with the lowest standard in the industry? Perhaps, but probably not. Not for the deal they are offering.

Get out like I did. Or don’t join at all. Best decision of my life.