PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLS to be paid back in March
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 13:24
CXmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all Wine and Roses

To AAIGUY

"Spent 3 weeks on the beach and at Disney in FL, US with my kids.

had a ball, and it was priceless."

You may well have enjoyed your SLS with your family and good on you. However, as a CX SO I have tons of time with my young family already. What we lack is the money to do anything other than pay our monthly bills. Spending 3 weeks on holiday (especially at Disney Florida) is a dream that we will have no chance of fulfilling for many, many years to come.

I opted not to take SLS last year not because I wanted to make a statement to the company but because we literally could not afford to make the 'sacrifice'. And no I did not get 1 cent of EFP tho I would have gladly welcomed it.

So from where I stand, I am delighted that SLS is being repaid - it seems only fair to those who took the hit. What my bank account has witnessed however, is that in over two years with the company I haven't received ANY profit share and both 13th month payouts have been halved. Add to that the time to FO upgrade will stretch towards 5 years by the time my number comes up. I am looking at hitting the ceiling of SO increments soon and have run out of answers for my wife on when things will get better.

Enjoy your holidays in the sun. Some of us simply don't get the choice.