PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets / Private Cabin Crew / VVIP / Amiri
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:37
Cava Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amiri Qatar

Hi peeps,

I'm flying private at the moment in the UK & went for an interview with Amiri in Jan. Waiting for my contract and start date now. Not knowing when I'm starting is driving me crazy, I'm not sure if it'll be a matter of weeks or months at this stage and they are giving nothing away. I'm quite surprised people are waiting for start dates, I got the impression they needed people over there asap.

I know the job might not be 100% perfect but it's actually quite hard to get into Amiri. It wasn't an easy assesment day and I have been to a few. Besides it's an honour to be asked to fly for the royal family and I think they can have the pick of the bunch.

Also whoever said we only work 10 days a months, that's a bit worrying. I thought they said it was 10 nightstops a month. The good allowance money is made in nightstops - I think it was circa $250 a night.

I'm really excited although I remember from the interview that you have to take your holiday in two parts, which I took to mean that really you can only go home twice a year - and only one ticket is paid for. Can anyone else remember that or have I made that up? If that's the case, that is the only thing that bothers me but nothing is insurmountable, will just involve careful planning.