PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Profit Results
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 10:52
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cx has in the past done many things to annoy the hell out of me, but this SLS repayment is not one of those occasions. When I left the Air Force in 2005 I did so with 9 buddies. Of those 9 in the last year:-

4 - have been made redundant.
3 - are on a 40% pay cut for a minimum of one year.
1 - is expecting to hear if he will be made redundant in the next few weeks but is actively looking for a new job with virtually zero success.
1 – has had no change, but is far less confidant about his companies future.

I got an additional 3 weeks paid leave, when I wanted it!

Compared to the people I know I didn’t get a good deal.................I got without doubt the best deal.

As far as the captains go, yes I do find the withholding of 10% rather petty. I guess the company was trying to send the message that what permanent sacrifice has been made due to the financial crisis is to be borne by management. That may be a rather rose tinted view granted, but please answer honestly the following question:-

If at the start of the financial crisis instead of asking for unpaid leave the company had said we want all captains to take a month off but you will have to forfeit 3 days pay which you will not get back. Would you have taken it?

Just trying to look at this situation from a glass half full perspective! Hard hat and flack jacket on, standing by for incoming!