PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 09:53
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggs? Are you an idiot, man? - talk about a fundamentalist, backward looking Neanderthal. Can't you see the connection? We are talking a dog called controlled E over controlled D and the fact that controlled C can be provided at the same cost. And you obfuscate and claim that CAR 166 has no relevance.

Well, for my money, Leady is right on the beam. In reference to controlled airspace, controlled terminal areas, and control zones, Leady rightly quotes CAR 166.

Off the CASA website, in case you want to check about radio procedures in controlled airspace:

166 Operating in vicinity of a non-controlled aerodrome

Jeez, get it right will ya!

DUH-OH!

Furthermore, in addition to some previous digging we've done, here's a stringing together of a few quotes (some previously posted) that will give the lawyers a field day if it ever comes to a class action.

A. The CASA Avalon 2008 study:

1.4.3 The cost of the provision of a Class C air traffic control service is the same as that of a Class D or E service. However, the Class C service provides significantly greater risk mitigation to passenger transport aircraft against VFR aircraft threats than that provided by Class D and Class E.

B. The Alice study in 2010, in reference to the maintenance of the current airspace architecture:

It is important to note that the study may make recommendations based on existing and projected data. The following comment as summarised by Justice Gibbs of the High Court of Australia has been considered while conducting the study:

Where it is possible to guard against a foreseeable risk which, though perhaps not
great, nevertheless cannot be called remote or fanciful, by adopting a means which
involves little difficulty or expense, the failure to adopt such means will in general be
negligent.

C. The Launceston study of 2009:

Just mysteriously disappeared off the CASA website, but I've saved the point I wanted to make - will post that one tomorrow.

And, like the famous raffle for a block of flats in Tasmania, a set of steak knives and the K-TEL record stacker, there's more.