PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 pilot's sick in EK A/C on ground.. LACK OF CREW!!!
Old 11th Mar 2010, 09:03
whossorrynow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing New Under the Sun.

Some quotes from another PPRuNe thread ... dated Feb/March 2004
Only been here a short time, not enjoying it at all. EK is going to be in deep if it doesn't do something soon regarding recruitment, pay and upgrades soon.
Well I'm sorry to say that EK generally (and I hate to generalise, but this is the case), don't give a Monkey's #oss about its employees;
Emirates is not a good job anymore. Do not waste your time applying.
Emirates' Flt Ops management is extremely disrespectful towards the pilots. BOTTOM LINE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY IS: IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT YOU CAN LEAVE.
And always remember the management will reap what they sow. If they make to much of a mess, not only the pilots will suffer but the whole airline.
The contract your old man signed is not worth the paper it is written on, conditions change monthly for the worse.
I am not being paid enough to put up with this crap!
The SVPE&FO can see no reason at all why there is any bad feeling or why moral is not high.
I think the thing that is most upsetting to me is that in my mind Emirates was a First Class Airline all the way and we were really excited about being a part of it.
Anybody looking at coming here should do so ONLY if the existing conditions at their present location are so bad that they MUST move on,
However, with a family, we don't save a dime.
Wake up Emirates! We will not survive long enough to reach the forcasted expansion targets if you continue to employ stupid, inexperienced, asskissing, brown-nosing, idiots for upper management positions.
The upgrade was a huge factor. 4 months after I got here, they up and changed the rules.
He wisely decided not to come to EK and will keep on flying as a CPT with his present European A320 Charter company. He changed his mind due to the present very low crew-morale, the future upgrade prospects and last but not least the way EK managment is treating it's pilots...
...make any decision based on what conditions will become, not what they are now.
The whole thread is here:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/12...t-meeting.html

As I recollect two of the 'voices' from the floor lost their '03/'04 profit share for speaking their minds at that 'lazy pilots' meeting.