PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRLINK how it was saved
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 08:53
legacy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMEN Suitcaseman! I agree..

This is exactly what I meant in my previous post(s) with regard to Airlink - it mostly seems to be people outside the company driving the daggers - whether they've been there or not... or from those that were there 10 years ago and think they still know exactly how things are done (or have a friend working there).

One of the facts is that even though times were tough for the company recently, and despite the economic turn down, Airlink still provides jobs for quite a few and is able to perhaps be that "stepping stone" for many to build their hours or move onto some jet time!

Granted there are those unhappy in the company who do have their say and might have valid points. Whenever someone gives an objective or positive comment, out come the: "you're probably part of management" hints and comments - so what! Airlines need pilots - pilots need ground staff - all staff need managers, directors and shareholders or you wouldn't be getting income!! (and of course the passengers rule!)

If one hates the company so much - no one is stopping you from leaving. Go start your own airline since you know exactly how it should be run and will make it a pilot's paradise! I think if one is in the management seat and you're responsible for X number of jobs - you will feel the pressure and do what you must to make money - yes make money! Of course they care about profit - would you invest and work for free?

How many have actually taken the time to talk to RF and see the bigger picture - or perhaps the 5 or 10 year projection plan to make the company grow, give more jobs, type ratings, training, etc.

To the crew - well done on excellent airmanship, fine flying and giving your best and putting up with pax
To all ground staff - well done for putting up with pax issues and diligently getting bums in seats, preparing aircraft and assisting crew
To flight ops - well done for keeping the clock running on time, driving the schedule and taking all the *rap from every department, and the occational pax

Looking at Airlink's history, they've come a long way and have achieved alot! I congratulate them on their success and wish them a bright future! It was the Airlink staff that saved Airlink - and quick thinking from management!