PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in Canada?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 00:09
ScudRunner08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lk978 That is a very narrow minded view.

What about the Canadians here in Aus? there is an aussie company advertising for a float pilot because canadians are more qualified then aussies on floats. They don't want to train anyone up.

There is a strong economic argument for the globalisation of labour if you would like the details pm me.

One of the great parts of it is the transfer of skills, we learn from your float guys and you might learn something from us.
When you listen to the radio calls up in the patch or in the north and you find a ton of chopper guys with Kiwi and Aussie accents. I found it kinda odd until I asked WTF are all these Aussie doing up here? Turns out herding cattle and such in the out back with choppers is a good way to build hour and gain a ton of experience down there. Sucks for the Canadian low time chopper pilots trying to get a start but It sucks just as much for the Aussie float pilots who have to deal with all the float drivers up here that got their start servicing fishing lodges etc and have gone down there for work.

Oh and the Aussie who won silver just behind a good Canadian kid who took gold in the Winter Olympic Skiing Moguls was a Canadian actually he grew up a few miles from the hill he was the first looser on. call it even id say.