PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2010, 20:24
twinboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Culture

Hello Brian, I don't think I've posted since early thread (I) days (drawing attention to that magnificent and highly relevant book "Impact Erebus") but I have followed your endeavours, not least because, in a previous life, I operated a similar performance (fixed-wing) a/c in that theatre and environment, indeed I flew a number of the bereaved to MAC on early anniversaries of this tragedy. Anyway, enough of me:

Are you movers and shakers as struck as I am by the contrast between the MoD's ostrich-like intransigence in this case and the RAF's current Chief of Staff (Operations), AVM Garwood's clarion call in his forward to on-line Air Clues 2.0 (q.v.)
" JC is about treating those involved in incidents and accidents in a transparently fair and consistent manner, whilst ensuring that all factors which lead to an incident, be they individual or organizational, are recognised and taken into account" (my italics).

Sadly I'm far too remote nowadays to 'do' anything about it but an introduction of the Left Hand to the Right Hand within the greater MoD would seem to be appropriate, any ideas anyone?l