PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 10th Mar 2010, 20:14
cxlinedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contracts and Skill

'The Cadets in Cathay should show some responsibility for their actions, and accept the fact that they agreed to their conditions of service, and signed on the line.'

By this logic none of the A Scalers should be working past 55.

I support anyone who is pushing for an improvement in their conditions. What the Cadet pilots are trying to do just that. They probably realize they don't have much chance of a salary increase, so they are pushing for accom allowance.

I also support equal pay for an equal job. However no Cadet pilot is equal to a DESO. Sorry Cadets, but you bring no real experience to the operation (previous command time, operational experience in challenging conditions, real flying (handling) experience). For about the first 5 years you are more of a liability than an asset.

It pisses me off when I fly with a new Cadet SO. What I see day to day is scary: No situation awareness, no terrain awareness, inability to make a simple position report correctly. Cadet SOs are cleared to the line without the most basic of skills. So YOU DO NOT DESERVE EQUAL PAY, YOU ARE NOT EQUAL TO A QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED PILOT.