PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 pilot's sick in EK A/C on ground.. LACK OF CREW!!!
Old 10th Mar 2010, 19:42
IXNAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mana, we really appreciate your posting here. Seriously, how else would we know what the talking points are for management? And son, you just don't get it. And that's the problem in a nut shell, nobody seems to get it.

Let's rehash a few incidents over the last year, and please explain to us not so fortunate to have your insight into the perspective of EGHQ. How did firing a TRI (that's a training pilot) and a pilot UNDER training for making an honest mistake, not causing ANY problems from their mistake, conducive to pilot trusting of management. Along those lines, the same goes for firing a pilot for taking a picture of his crew (PR pix done all the time) outside of the aircraft. Old news I know, but still sits there like a five day rotten egg. How about the decision to limit our days off, no matter how many hours we fly. What has that got to do with the company's ability to make profits? Please explain that to us novice managers.

Want to talk law? Any court of law (maybe not around here) deems past practices as contractual. As you so rightly state, relevant usage. Please, my friend, define relevant. What is relevant for one villa is not for another, given age, building quality etc. But remember, it was not to save the company money, it was to help the enviornment. What about those in flats? I guess their usage doesn't harm the enviornment.

Others have spoken about fatigue. As you may or may not know, we are supposed to NOT fly when fatigued. We are to say, I'm too tired/fatigued to operate this flight to my utmost ability. Want to guess how many flights would take off if we adhered to that verbatim? Want to guess how long that pilot will have a job if he did that down route and there was not alternatives for the passengers or no alternative to find another pilot?

Finally, it has all been said before and before. But you have not addressed ONE issue that has been brought to your attention other than your silly reference to "relevant" charges for utilities. And explain to me how this is not a breach of our contracts......opting out of accommodations to rent and getting paid an allowance. GONE. Sure it helps the company but it was contractual. No "relevant" clause in that one.

So instead of your Management 101 talking points, why not engage in a dialogue about the firings, the fatigue, the contractual breaches etc. We don't want you to disappear, but you seem to have a management mindset and I guess we just need to "get it". Certainly you don't.

Just rereading your post you say that the offerings at EK are "good enough" to attract new recruits. Any and every company can attract new recruits because new joiners come to any coorporation to improve their lot in life. But one key to a great company is how to retain the people that have built the company. So why, my friend, are we short staffed in many departments, especially pilots? Are those in charge so inept that they, one, don't know how to retain personnel, or two, they could not see the shortage coming? Or do they not care about retaining good personnel since most are not UAE nationals. EK does an unbelievable PR job to the general public (and to you obviously), but the pilot ranks are slowly thinning and "recruits" are not there as they once were. Ask yourself, my friend, why? Please, since you have a knack for managementspeak, address some of these and other postings from above so we mere minions can understand.

Last edited by IXNAT; 10th Mar 2010 at 20:51.