PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 pilot's sick in EK A/C on ground.. LACK OF CREW!!!
Old 10th Mar 2010, 19:29
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Good on you Mana,

EK is at the brink, I believe Uncle Maurice has said we will only make $1billion this year. How will we cope.

I do hope all the pilots and other employees that have to dish out money to pay for their DEWA bill will be noted in the final financial report 2009/2010.

Our min block hour pay, our reserve pay, our AD pay, our SIM pay, our pay for leave days were all removed because the new big cheese thought we were having too many days off, and started rostering AD instead of days off. Funny thing was we had already flown max hours and could not be used, so these extra AD turned into 3.5hrs extra over time. Well who would have guessed after several months of this, the grand poobah would discover that his great idea was costing the company money!!!! Easily fixed by the 15% pay neutral pay cut. Pilots were the only group in the company to take a pay cut then, Dec 2003. Just we were the only group that took a pay cut in 2009. So feel proud to be part of that elite group.

Luckily the flight ops management stood up for the pilot group....oh wait there, no they didn't. Just as they have never stood up for the pilot group at any time in the past decade. When you listen to TCAS waste people's time at pilot wash up meetings declaring to one and all that all the bad decisions are made by someone far higher than himself, you wonder why he is still on the payroll, as he seems to do nothing. I have been to wash ups when ED talks, but have no clue what he was trying to say, but feel proud that EK was an equal opportunity employer (anyone remember the story about using NBO as the alternate for JNB? Once again ED proving what a well traveled and smart fella he is!!!).

You reap what you sow. Or so middle to upper middle managers (known fondly as muppets) are discovering at the moment. But its not of course their fault, but rather the fault of anyone who dares say what happens on PPRUNE. Just imagine what would happen if VOIP became legal!!!!

The Don