PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 pilot's sick in EK A/C on ground.. LACK OF CREW!!!
Old 10th Mar 2010, 16:39
ws737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mana

I have been comtemplating flying for Emirates for some time. I have a lot of friends there and in the past years they were happy, and proud to fly there. Almost all of them have contacted me to warn me of the change of conditions there, that the postings here are the reality of what's going on. I've basically been told that unless I'm umemployed and desperate, not to consider it. I have worked in the Middle East before and knew how things worked but it seemed things were different there, no so it seems.

I have several friends whom have also withdrawn applications and under no circumstances would consider employment at Emerates under the current conditions. I sincerely hope that the lack of qualified applicants, and the shortage of pilots for expansion will wake someone up over there.

I wish everybody there good luck in getting things changed. Maybe if/when they start cancelling flights and pilots start leaving in droves things will improve.