PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How full does a passport have to be before they will not stamp it anymore?
Old 10th Mar 2010, 14:41
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some countries require an entirely blank page, others (South Africa is one of them) require 2 blank pages, although I've only once heard of it being enforced. This seems totally over the top as the green sticker only takes up half a page, and if the immigration officials want to be helpful, they often stick new ones on top of old ones, or other stamps.

If they want to be difficult, as happened to me once going into Peru, they can refuse to stamp a blank page because ink from an overinked pad on the other side has seeped through.

Unfortunately it is often down to the goodwill or otherwise of the immigration official. It sounds to me as if you should get a new passport now rather than delaying it, as from your description I can almost guarantee that somewhere you will have a problem.

By the way I seem to remember that an Indonesian entry stamp is fairly big, but I last went there over 10 years ago so could be wrong.