PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR's Caring Sharing Management
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2010, 12:30
Captain Oryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wbw,

Sorry to hear your plan to commute has gone awry. Perhaps you missed the "no commuting" part of the pilot recruitment presentation. FWIW, I do think the arbitrary restriction to number of consecutive off days was a bit of an overreaction.

Sick leave- Not sure how many contract/expat jobs you've had, the requirement for a written medical excuse is more common than not. The fact that discipline is mentioned certainly leaves no doubt as to the companies position on unexcused absences.

Contact during Standby- No prohibition of mobile phones. You just need to answer them. "Unacceptable curtailment of freedom", "house arrest" bit of a flair for the dramatic don't you think? Your on "standby", different airlines operate it differently.

Maintaining of recency- The company recognized a problem and took corrective action. (the audit) We don't know what other action was taken to ensure compliance.

Cafeteria- For those who have not visited said cafeteria, the room is small, they don't want classes disrupted with chatter in the hall. Priority is given to those in the classes, primarily cabin crew, so 5 minute breaks don't turn into 20 min.

Finally,
Parking in front of the tower- Yes it's general parking, mgt. wants priority given to customers. I have no problem with that.

wbw,
I would like to invite your response to the following question. Can you name one airline that is currently hiring pilots that would allow you to do all the items mentioned in the manner you see fit?

Cheers