PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 pilot's sick in EK A/C on ground.. LACK OF CREW!!!
Old 10th Mar 2010, 11:31
ManaDubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those of you who have answered my post in a productive and respectable way, thank you.

I am totally supporting freedom of speech, but freedom of speech does not mean to say whatever you think about your employer at all times, especially when there are better and more adequate ways of dealing with your problems than voicing them in a internet forum.

I have now read through most recent EK threads, and find it troubling that while you are criticizing me for trying to correct EKs image on this forum, the majority of contributors to this forum acts like a bullying mob whenever it comes a EK employee (ore others) who voice a positive opinion about the company and how it is to work there. That is not good conduct, and I find it ironic that the same people are raising the freedom of speech flag if anyone dares to challenge their worldview.

I have been accused of being a paid slave (EKBemused) and living life in luxury, not giving up anything for the community (Praise Jebus). All EK staff is paid competitive wages to attract the best people to our airline. Many who works in EKs management department are expats just like yourself who come here to get a standard of living and possibilities that are better than home.

EK is a company that has one thing in common with all other companies around the world. It exists to make a profit for its shareholders. Companies who don’t follow that logic are doomed for bankrupt ion unless they are subsidized by their owners. Unlike many of our European competitors Ek, does not and will not receive any subsidizes and therefore has to be a profitable company to survive and ensure its long-term survival. If EK didn’t do this they would not be able to offer anyone safe and secure jobs.

To ensure this we have all had to accept some sacrifices in the last difficult years. I see that you are displeased about the capping of your energy allowance, this change applies to everyone and we are all in this together. In all honesty I can’t understand how you think it’s fair that everyone should pay for a few peoples largesse and shedding. Would you rather like this money to be saved elsewhere? EK is trying its best to operate a great airline that passengers enjoy to fly with, and that employees enjoy to work for, but when times are though and cuts needs to be taken then we all have to bear our share of the burden.

The reason that I was voicing my opinion is that I felt that the image created of EK at this forum does not resemble the real EK I experience every day. My impression is that most of EKs employees are very happy with their jobs, and that they are proud of what we have achieved and how far we have come.

Regarding your comments about EKs management I am very disappointed of the views you are expressing. Just like you EKs management is just people. Just like you EKs management wants to do a good job. Just like you EKs management wants to run a great airline. In order to achieve this EKs management understands that it needs its pilots, cabin crew and ground staff to have good working conditions and competitive compensation. Despite some adjustments in the recent years, there is no doubt that what EK has to offer is highly competitive in the international market, and it will continue to be so to ensure the further growth and profitability of EK.