PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Profit Results
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2010, 07:08
Bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But fear NOT ... I and many of my Level D colleagues will be every bit as SLIMY and adept at ensuring they never see how WE get out missing 10% back ... but most certainly, we WILL!

Yep. I suspect that captains in overtime will make sure that the 10% is taken into account in block time. I also expect that a captain’s sickness rate will increase by at least 10% for the months when they are not earning EFP, and fuel burns in those months also increase with reduced work hours.

The good news for F/Os and S/Os shafted by age 65? Time to command will reduce with the lack of available commanders (small recompense I know, but a token from your colleagues, and any EFP will also be increased for you too).

I've always been pissed off with the level D+ category for SLS. I am a pilot not a strategist/manager for the company. The major losses over the last couple of years were corrupt business strategies (cargo fines) and fuel hedging (almost redeemed themselves, but still an unsatisfactory system from year to year. I know it just accounting practise). As a captain I didn't make those decisions, so why isn't there a category E in any of these things? Why just D+? The captains make decisions on the spot for fuel savings, efficiency with short cuts, on time performance. We might not be so keen to do so now.

Overall efficiency of the major operation of the airline is reduced, with extra training costs, extra fuel burn and EFP payments, lack of productivity from sick pilots.Who loses? CX as a company for being complete pricks to the people that are in charge of their revenue source. The 10% is going to cost alot.