PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2010, 02:00
copywrite33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if the thought of shelling out A couple of hundred pounds for a train or plane fare and a night in the local Holiday Inn is causing so much angst, it might be better to drop the idea straight away.
Sorry but i completely disagree.

They are offering you an opportunity to work for them but you are financing that opportunity to the tune of £76ish grand without interestand as checkXP mentioned at any point can they turn around to you and withdraw the offer of employment. The least they could do is throw you a standby ticket, which as mentioned, has very little financial effect on them.

The original point I was trying to make was that I WILL pay however much it costs to get to that interview because i want this badly, however it is now the 10th March and if memory serves me correctly (the page has now been taken down so i can not check) the interviews are scheduled for the 16th no-one has heard either way if they have been offered an interview, maybe we are all the unlucky ones and they aren't informing all candidates of rejection and nobody that has got an interview has piped up yet?

I am in the position where I don't have a job and my degree is fairly flexible to allow me time off when needed but there must be a few people that applied that require a day or 2 off work to go to the interview.

So the point i am trying to make is that surely a rather large company could give people more than 6 days notice of an interview? Like i said maybe we are the unlucky ones and haven't made the cut but personally i would like to have been told instead of , wondering whether or not to book a flight i may or may not need as the prices are rising daily.