PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna vs. Piper
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2002, 23:25
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mainframe:
I think your a little bit harsh to compere a Titan to a Chieftain after all the Titan is a much bigger machine. Are there any other piston twins the same size as a Titan.

The Chieftain is really to be compared to the 402C, if you fit the after market mods to each aircraft then they become very compared able in mission ability.

For instance a PA31-350 with a VG kit and Red Leg kit that has been put on a severe diet (and put new avionics in it) can carry 900kg over 200nm. A 402C in the same layout without the red legs can only carry 835 kg. They basically balance out, the PA31 feels like more of a truck but I feel the 402 is more of a pilots aircraft.... Now ya can't beat the 402 nose locker where you can put 10 tonne and it fits plus the wing lockers you never really need to worry about frieght in the cabin...

Now on the price a low hour PA31-350 for $300k show me I want to buy it now!!!!! I think you will find you have to spend closer to $500k plus for a goodie. Titans are coming down in $$$ as they all seem to have over 20,000 hours...

What about comparing the genuine Ford V Holden, Baron 58 v's C310R- same speed, same fuel flow, load wise the 310 with a VG kit eats the B58, engineers seem to hate Barons and pax seem to hate 310's so????? But I love Barons???

Now what about a what if... How about building a hybrid 402/PA31 or B58/310R mmm a 58 with a big nose locker!!!