PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying with small child?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 19:44
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying with small child?

Quick question for those in the know. I am reaching the later stages of my PPL training and if all goes to plan should have my licence before the 'glorious summer weather'. I have a 4 year old boy who loves planes (kinda been forced on him!) and am excited to bring him flying. Im only starting to realise the implications of what could happen if I flew with him in a two seater plane with no one else to supervise while I fly. It has to be said he is very good for his age and quite mature but who knows what could happen in flight. I suppose it is not outside the realm of possibility he could attempt to play with controls, he could get air sick or any other number of unforeseen circumstances could arise. I would of course take a long time getting him used to the plane before flight; let him walk around it, touch it and sit in it. Then the flight itself would of course be short of no more than 15-20 minutes max.

What im wondering is if there is anything else I have not considered or if anyone has additional advice about flying with a small child for the first time?

Any advice, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Ryan